Sunday 23 February 2014

'Living My Life To The Fullest' EXPLAINED

Who decides what is cool and what is not cool and what is the right way to live your life to the fullest?
I was under the apparently wrong impression that it was you, not you as in you Henri, but each individual who decided his or her own definition of cool and what it means to live your life to the fullest.
I have not met a single person who hasn't told me that I need to, and I quote, 'Get out more and experience new things, so that I don;t waste my life'.
I can't even begin to express how much this statement boils my blood. 
These so called, self confessed, life coaches think that they have cracked the great DaVinci code on how to live life fully and they are now qualified to preach us mere mortals on how to live.
These preachings generally contain the following commandments:

  • Thou shall talk to new people
  • Thou shall try adventure sports
  • Thou shall get over all your fears in one day, so that I can feel good about myself
  • Thou shall make hasty decisions, because 'Hell! YOLO!'
  • Thou shall stop spending all your time cooped inside the house reading, or watching Doctor Who.
These commandments go on, but this is the basic gist of it. I get it, living your life to the fullest is good, but who has decided the parameters of 'Living Your Life To The Fullest'? Isn't it up to the said 'You'?

I am sorry, I do not think risking my life and jumping off a cliff with a man made safety contraption is 'Living My Life To The Fullest'. I don't think that not taking anything seriously or not committing to one thing makes me cooler and therefore living my life to the fullest.
'Living Your Life To The Fullest' entails doing what makes you happy, and not making anybody else's life miserable. 
I am not stopping you from jumping off of airplanes and hiking mountains, but then I expect the same courtesy from you, to not judge me when I choose to spend my life doing what I like.
I can rant like this forever, but I won't. Because I know you've already drifted off to staring at whatever Tom Hiddlestone picture you were staring at.
Till  next time.
Ciao
River Targaryen

PS: Here's a picture of Tom Hiddlestone to make up for the ranting.



No comments:

Post a Comment